Effective: Jan 1, 2020
AwayGoWe (“we”, “us”, “our”, or “awaygowe.com”) is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website, awaygowe.com. You can access AwayGoWe.com (“the Website”) and browse our site without disclosing any of your personal data. AwayGoWe.com does not collect personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or e-mail addresses, unless it is knowingly provided by the individual and he or she has agreed to the terms under which AwayGoWe.com will use it.
This policy applies only to information that AwayGoWe.com collects via this Website.
What Information Do We Collect?
From time to time, we may ask you to supply personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number or e-mail address. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for our email list or newsletter, follow us on social media, contact us, or post a comment on the Website.
Wherever possible, you can elect to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym in interacting with us e.g. when contacting us. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our website or services.
Under no circumstances will we request any information from you that may disclose your:
- Political, religious or philosophical opinions, beliefs, associations or affiliations;
- Health and sexuality;
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Membership of a trade union, or a professional or trade association; or
- Criminal records.
Please note by posting a comment on this website, you consent to the posting of any Personal Information that you provide. You should be aware that such Personal Information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to these public areas. We have no control over how these visitors use your Personal Information.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain this Website;
- To improve your experience on this Website;
- To respond to your comments;
- To provide you with user support;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by AwayGoWe.com and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits;
- Keep track of advertisements;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Please note that if you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
AwayGoWe.com reserves the right to use technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. AwayGoWe.com reserves the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Affiliate Marketing Disclosure
This website contains links to products and/or pages for which we receive financial compensation. We may be compensated if consumers choose to utilize the links located throughout the content on this site and generate sales for the said merchant. You are not obligated to click on any link or buy any products that are advertised. Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs, or otherwise. Any references to third party products, rates, or websites are subject to change without notice. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
While we have strict editorial standards on objectivity, affiliate relationships may influence which products and services we cover, and may even affect the order that those links appear. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Stuck at home?
Get your free email series now!
5 SECRET BUDGET TRAVEL DESTINATIONS
You'll be amazed how affordable these bucket list destinations are. Plus our best cost-saving tips to help you plan.
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure and take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We employ commercially reasonable methods to automatically ensure the security of the information you provide to us and the information we collect. This includes:
- Using standard security protocols;
- Working only with reputable third-party vendors;
- Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL;
- All merchant transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
However, you use the Website at your own risk and we accept no responsibility, whether we are deemed to have been negligent or not, in the event of a security breach that affects your privacy.
Note that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. However, we will endeavor to protect your personal information as best as possible but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Sensitive Personal Information
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send sensitive personal information to us via email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk.
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access– You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget– You may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Cover image: Joanna Szumska (unsplash.com)