Are you searching for the top stays in Playa del Carmen made just for adults? Your search is over! Discover the very best Playa del Carmen adults-only all-inclusive resorts, painstakingly selected based on 150,000+ guest reviews and our own expert analysis.
Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya offers one of the most spectacular beach settings in Mexico for the epic honeymoon or incredible adults-only getaway you’ve been dreaming of.
Lori and I are excited to introduce you to what we believe to be some of the very best adults-only all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, in the country that we’ve called home for the past three years.
So sit back and relax as we take you on a journey of the best-of-the-best of Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
Can’t wait to dive in? Here is a preview of our picks to supercharge your Playa del Carmen trip planning!
|Secrets Maroma Beach|
Our Top Pick!
|Iberostar Grand Paraiso||$618|
|El Dorado Maroma & Palafitos Overwater Bungalows||$575|
|Paradisus La Perla||$467|
|Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel||$451|
|Ocean Maya Royale||$326|
|Hilton Playa del Carmen||$435|
Can’t decide? Keep reading for the full scoop on the very best adults-only all-inclusive resorts in Playa del Carmen. Plus, helpful tips for making your epic island escape truly wonderful!
If you find this article helpful, be sure to leave a comment and let us know. Now, on to the resorts!
The 7 Best Adults-Only All-Inclusive Resorts in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Maroma Beach
Secrets Maroma Beach Resort is our top pick among Playa del Carmen adults-only all-inclusive resorts, and it’s not hard to see why! We love this resort’s sophisticated design, glowing reviews, and oodles of amenities.
- 412 elegantly furnished suites
- Private balconies & stunning ocean views
- 6 gourmet restaurants
- World-class spa
- Infinity pools
- Private beach
We also love that Secrets Maroma Beach leads the way in eco-sustainable practices in the Riviera Maya. The resort is Rainforest Alliance Certified, taking active measures to reduce its environmental footprint. Energy-efficient practices, waste management programs, and water conservation efforts are just the beginning.
If you’re looking for an adults-only all-inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen where luxury and environmental responsibility coexist, we think Secrets Maroma Beach should be at the top of your list!
Celebrating an extra special occasion or just want that next-level experience? Book a beachfront suite! They offer direct, private access to the beach, so you can start and end your day with a dip in the Caribbean Sea. It’s a bit like having your own slice of paradise in one of the very best Playa del Carmen adults-only all-inclusive resorts.
Rates & Ratings
- TripAdvisor: 21,222 reviews.
- Google: 4.9/5 | Hotels.com: 9.4/10
- Rates from $1,435 USD (Nov 2023)
Iberostar Grand Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Paraiso is another outstanding adults-only all-inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen, and a superb alternative to Secrets Maroma Beach—particularly if you don’t plan on spending over $1k per night on your lodging.
- Suites with stunning jungle or ocean views
- Villas that come with private pools
- ‘Grand Experience Team’ tasked with ensuring entertainment and gastronomic experiences are top-notch
- Lots of dining options across multiple restaurants, bars, and lounges
Another aspect we love about Iberostar Grand Paraiso is its demonstrated commitment to sustainable tourism and helping to safeguard the surrounding eco-system for future generations. The resort is focused on reducing its environmental footprint through a number of eco-friendly and energy-efficient practices.
If you’re looking to go big, opt for the ocean view suites for an unforgettable vacation experience. These suites have jaw dropping views of the Caribbean Sea and make you feel like you’re a part of the picture postcard landscape, right from the comfort of your own room.
Rates & Ratings
- TripAdvisor: 9,518 reviews
- Google: 4.8/5 | Hotels.com: 9.4/10
- Rates from $618 USD (Nov 2023)
El Dorado Maroma & Palafitos
El Dorado Maroma by Karisma is a Caribbean paradise made just for adults. This outstanding resort boasts a unique blend of luxury and exclusivity in the heart of the Riviera Maya. And, it’s home to the amazing Palafitos Overwater Bungalows!
- Located on world-class Maroma Beach
- 30 private luxury overwater bungalows
- Each room is equipped with modern amenities including free WiFi
- 5-star treatment from a dedicated staff available round the clock
Karisma resorts promote eco-conscious tourism as a core tenet, and El Dorado Maroma is no exception. The resort is an active participant in Karisma’s Passion for Sustainability initiative, working to ensure that every aspect aligns with the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria.
If you’re looking for the most epic stay imaginable at El Dorado Maroma, you’ll want to book one of their Palafitos Overwater Bungalows. This is as close as it gets to a Maldives or Bora Bora over-the-water experience in Mexico!
Rates & Ratings
- TripAdvisor: 8,336 reviews
- Google: 4.7/5 | Hotels.com: 9.2/10
- Rates from $578 USD (Nov 2023)
Paradisus La Perla
Playa del Carmen
True to its name, Paradisus La Perla is a little slice of tropical paradise in the heart of Playa del Carmen. La Perla is the the adults-only side of the sprawling Paradisus Playa del Carmen Resort, offering the best of all worlds to guests 18 and over.
- Centrally-located, yet set in the heart of a mangrove forest fronting the Caribbean Sea
- Exclusive access to adults-only amenities and sections of the Paradisus resort
- Spa access and destination concierge services included for select rooms
- Wide choice of international dining options, including 18+ only dining
- Water park and 4 incredible pools
- Lots of activities & entertainment options geared to adults like wine & tequila tasting, and culinary classes
Paradisus La Perla has a number of initiatives geared towards sustainability. They do not offer or exhibit protected species, and run a sea turtle conservation program. Paradisus also claims to be the first hotel in the Riviera Maya to put into place a zero emissions program, along with implementing other strategies to reduce the resort’s carbon footprint.
For a next-level stay, consider upgrading your stay to a Nikté room. These offer additional luxury benefits, such as direct pool access and exclusive experiences.
Rates & Ratings
- TripAdvisor: 1,797 reviews
- Google: 4.7/5 | Hotels.com: 8.6/10
- Rates from $467 USD (Nov 2023)
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Up next on our list of best adults-only all-inclusive resorts in Playa del Carmen is Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel. We love this place for its luxurious overwater Palafitos, lush mangrove setting, and Caribbean beach frontage.
- 8 Palafitos over-lagoon villas with private deck or rooftop terrace
- Luxurious Beachfront Casitas with private pool and rooftop sundeck
- Wide range of dining options, including intimate beachfront dining and an interactive Chef’s Table experience
- World-class spa and a range of activities like yoga and snorkeling
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel is demonstrates their commitment to sustainability through eco-friendly practices like the use of energy-efficient appliances, recycling programs, and water-saving measures. They’ve also got an on-site organic garden as part of their farm-to-table dining experiences.
If you’re looking for the ultimate experience at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique, it’s a toss up between the Palafitos and the beachfront casitas. It really depends on the type of vacation you’re looking for. Also, the Chef’s Table experience is a must for foodies or anyone who enjoys seeing culinary artistry firsthand.
Rates & Ratings
- TripAdvisor: 4,256 reviews
- Google: 4.5/5 | Hotels.com: 9/10
- Rates from $451 USD (Nov 2023)
Ocean Maya Royale
The Ocean Maya Royale offers a serene beachfront experience along Mexico’s Riviera Maya. The recently renovated rooms blend Mexican colonial and modern hacienda styling for a comfy and sophisticated stay at one of the best adults-only all-inclusive resorts in Playa del Carmen.
- Range of accommodation and honeymoon suites
- 6 restaurants, 5 bars, and Mike’s Cafe
- On-site Dive It! waterspouts center
- Nightly entertainment at the on-site theater
The Ocean Maya Royale utilizes a grey water recycling system, eco-friendly cleaning products, and is Rainforest Alliance verified.
While the private beach of Ocean Maya Royale is pleasant, it’s not the most spectacular in the area. It might be worth checking out other beaches nearby to get the full Riviera Maya experience. Also, some guests have reported issues with thin walls and noise in their rooms, so it might be worth requesting a quieter room at time of booking.
Rates & Ratings
- TripAdvisor: 10,980 reviews
- Google: 4.5/5 | Hotels.com: 8.6/10
- Rates from $326 USD (Nov 2023)
Hilton Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Last, but certainly not least, on our list of the top Playa del Carmen adults-only all-inclusive resorts is the all-new Hilton Playa del Carmen, an ideal stay for those seeking luxury and relaxation at a reasonable price point.
- Centrally located in Playa del Carmen near Fifth Avenue shops and attractions
- All-suite resort offering private balconies and jetted tubs
- 8 restaurants & 5 bars with oceanfront dining options
- Cooking demonstrations & tequileria
- Live entertainment
Hilton has introduced a number of sustainability initiatives and goals in recent years with the aim of reducing energy use and reliance on non-renewable energy. The hotel chain also aims to cut waste and water use by 50% across all its properties worldwide and Hilton Playa del Carmen is no exception.
The Hilton Playa del Carmen and Paradisus La Perla are the only two resorts on our list that aren’t at least 7 miles from central Playa del Carmen. If you’re looking for a Mexico vacation that blends the perks of an all-inclusive vacation with easy access to Playa del Carmen’s Fifth Avenue and all this vibrant city has to offer visitors, we think that the Hilton Playa del Carmen should be at the top of your list.
Rates & Ratings
- TripAdvisor: 23,211 reviews
- Google: 4.7/5 | Hotels.com: 8.4/10
- Rates from $435 USD (Nov 2023)
Playa del Carmen Adults-Only All-Inclusive Resorts FAQs
Are the rates at Playa del Carmen adults-only all-inclusive resorts truly all-inclusive?
Yes! The rates we’ve included on this list are about as all-inclusive as it gets, meaning that the price you pay up front covers your accommodation, meals, and a number of on-site amenities. All-inclusive resorts, particularly in Mexico, are a popular choice among travelers because they tend to provide a more hassle-free and cost-effective alternative to the traditional hotel experience.
What is the age requirement to stay at adults-only resorts in Playa del Carmen?
Playa del Carmen adults-only all-inclusive resorts generally allow guests ages 18 years and older. The idea behind the age restriction is to create a more relaxed and romantic atmosphere aimed at couples and groups of friends looking for a serene and adult-oriented getaway.
Thanks for reading our handcrafted guide to the very best Playa del Carmen adults-only all-inclusive resorts for 2023-2024!
Was our guide helpful? Are you planning a trip to Playa del Carmen soon? Tell us about it in the comments below.
- 12 Best Adults-Only All-Inclusive Resorts in Mexico
- The 4 Very Best Mexico Overwater Bungalows
- 10 Best Cancun Adults-Only All-Inclusive Resorts
- 12 Wonderful Reasons to Visit Puerto Morelos
- The 7 Best Cabo Adults-Only All-Inclusive Resorts
- 8 Best Adults-Only All-Inclusive Caribbean Resorts
Cover image: Secrets Maroma Beach
I’ve been a blogger and travel writer since 2010, covering everything from luxury hotels to hidden destinations and travel gear. Originally from Oregon, I’ve spent the majority of the past 20 years living outside of the U.S., in Mexico, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, Africa, and Europe. I received a BA in Communications (Journalism) from Boston College, and an MA in International Development Studies from the George Washington University. I’m passionate about exploration and discovery, and providing independent, thoroughly-researched, ad-free advice for travelers.